Nov. 22(Tue) 13:30-14:30 Komorebi (5F)
The Current Status and Outlook of Machine Translation and Contributions to the Inclusiveness of AI by Eliminating the "Language Barriers"
- Organiser "session owner":
- NICT（National Institute of information and Communication Technology, Japan）
- UCHIYAMA Masao（Executive Researcher, NICT）
- 1. Prof. Tom GALLY (Professor, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo)
- 2. Prof. KAWAHARA Daisuke (Professor, Faculty of Science and Engineering, School of Fundamental Science and Engineering, Waseda University)
- 3. Dr. SUGAYA Fumiaki (Representative Director and CEO of MINDWORD, Inc.)
As machine translation (MT) becomes more accurate, it is being used more and more widely. From the viewpoint of multilingual communication, the disappearance of language barriers due to MT will lead to a society of “no one left behind” inclusiveness. In this session, which is aimed primarily at an academic audience, we will focus on two questions: What will society be like after language barriers are lowered? And what will be the role of second-language education when people can communicate without knowing each other’s language?